On this Website, we may collect personal information about you, such as your name, age, email address, address and contact telephone number. We collect this information to enable you to participate in activities such as:
- entering online competitions;
- subscribing to the Upstart Friendship Club enewsletter;
- responding to questionnaires about Upstart Magazine products and services;
- Inviting you to participate in Upstart Magazine feature articles;
- Communicating with you should we have enquiries about a contribution you have submitted and which has been selected for publication
- Sending you a prize should you win one of our competitions.Sending you random advertiser samples in the mail
In common with many websites we or our internet service providers may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the Website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the Website.
Use and disclosure of information collected
We may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you on this Website:
- for the purposes for which it was collected, such as to enable you to participate in on-line competitions and other activities on the Website;
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- to email Upstart Magazine updates and other promotional information to you (if you have requested to receive it). For example, we may email questionnaires asking you what you think about Upstart Magazine products and services. If you would prefer not to receive further promotional information, including Upstart Magazine Updates and questionnaires, you can let us know by using the unsubscribe facility set out in the email;
- for administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Upstart Magazine; or
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may also share personal information with our related bodies corporate and with third parties. The types of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information include service providers including organisations that provide archival, auditing, consulting, marketing, advertising, mailing, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, and security services.
How we handle email messages
This Website contains links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to visitors. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.